Honeydew Cucumber Cooler
Adapted with permission from Susan Feniger’s Street Food by Susan Feniger (Clarkson Potter Publishers, 2012)
- Juice of 2 limes
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, chopped (or the zest of the two limes you’re juicing)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 very ripe honeydew melon (approximately 2 pounds)
- 6 small cucumbers ( I prefer Persian), chopped
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
(Makes 2 Quarts)
- In a pitcher, combine 3 cups of cold water with the lime juice, kaffir lime leaves (or lime zest), and salt.
- Peel, seed, and cut the melon into small pieces.
- In a blender on high speed, puree small batches of the melon with some of the cucumbers, some of the lime water, and the agave nectar, blending until smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Pour into a large pitcher or container. Continue pureeing the ingredients until you have used them all up. Stir well, and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
Susan Feniger is a celebrated chef, author, radio and TV personality, and successful restaurant entrepreneur, known for her globally-influenced cuisine showcased at her solo venture STREET in Hollywood and the Border Grill restaurants in Santa Monica, Downtown Los Angeles,Las Vegas and LAX, with longtime collaborator Mary Sue Milliken. Visit the Thrive Forward Contributors page to learn more about Chef Susan Feniger.