Mac n’ Cheese
Contributed by Peggy Kotsopoulos
- 2 cups brown rice elbow pasta
- 1 1/4 cup cauliflower, puréed
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp ground chia seeds
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 3 Tbsp almond milk
- 1/2 cup grated Daiya cheese
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- Boil water and cook pasta as directed.
- Once pasta is cooked and drained, add back to pot, then add extra virgin olive oil, ground chia and almond milk. Mix well, then stir in cauliflower purée, grated zucchini and red pepper and Daiya cheese (reserving a little for topping).
- Spoon mixture into small, individual-serving ramekins (or bake in muffin tins if you don’t have them). Sprinkle top with remaining cheese and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and serve. If using muffin tins instead of ramekins, let cool, remove from muffin tins and enjoy!
Peggy Kotsopoulos is a Registered Holistic Nutritionist who’s energy and passion for her work is infectious. She is the host of television show Peggy K’s Kitchen Cures on Veria Living TV, and author of Kitchen Cures (Penguin). She is also a returning guest on NBC’s Today Show, The Talk on CBS and resident nutritionist on The Steven and Chris show, airing on CBC and ABC’s Live Well network. And as a spokesperson, she’s a huge lover of Vega! Her press coverage, lectures and recipes have spanned across the globe inspiring and educating others on how to live a healthier, happier and more vibrant life.